Top 15 Places To Buy A Home In Central FL
What neighborhood in central Florida is best for you? That depends on where you want to be and what you like to do? Our top 15 neighborhoods in Central Florida are -
- Winter Park / Maitland
- Winter Garden
- Baldwin Park
- Downtown Orlando
- Lake Nona
- Doctor Phillips
- Montverde / Clermont
- Oviedo / Winter Springs
- Lakeland / Auburndale
- Mount Dora
- Hunters Creek
1. Windermere - Do you like beautiful homes, lakes, and Disney? Then you are in the right place in Windermere! With some of central Florida's most expensive real estate sky is the limit when searching in this area! The town is literally in Walt Disney's back yard so if your someone who wants to avoid I4 but still be at the parks allot its perfect! Lake Butler is the biggest and most desired lake in the area, but there are a ton of great lakes in town so if you are someone who enjoys water sports / activities there is another reason to love Windermere! Windermere is also home to the community of Isleworth with famous past residents such as Tiger woods and Shaq! Also Isleworth holds a beautiful golf and country club overlooking multiple lakes! Overall Windermere has everything we look for to be the number one neighborhood on our list!
2. Winter Park / Maitland- Do you want to live close to downtown Orlando but still want the perfect neighborhood feel? Then Winter Park is the place to be! Beautiful homes, restaurants, and shopping makes Winter Park the number two town on our list! Park Avenue is a great spot full of great restaurants that ends at the prestigious Rollins College. The beautiful Leu Gardens is right down the street and we highly recommend checking it out! Winter Park is also home to a great golf and minutes from downtown which makes it perfect for commuters!
3. Winter Garden- Want to be a short drive to Disney but also looking for something brand new? Winter Garden is for you! In recent years this area has really experienced growth so allot of the homes on the market here are newer in age. A great downtown area with some cool restaurants and the famous crooked can brewery can be a great spot for a night out! Winter garden is located along the 429 highway so almost anywhere in town is not to far from any of the theme parks and attractions! Overall all of this together make Winter Garden number three on our list!
4. Baldwin Park- Similar to Winter Park Baldwin Park is a very desirable town located close to downtown Orlando! This town sits on beautiful Lake Baldwin with a walking path around it that you can get to walking from anywhere in town! There are some really cool shops and restaurants right on the lake and with so few homes in the area they are definitely a desired commodity! Overall Baldwin Park is a great place in a great location with an HOA that keeps the community looking beautiful!
5. Downtown Orlando - Downtown is comprised of allot of cool areas some of the more common and desired areas are the SODO area which stands for south downtown and is a desired place right in downtown orlando near the Orlando Regional Medical Center Hospital! There is a few pretty parks such as the famous Delany Park and most of the homes have updated beautifully, making it a great mix of old Orlando and new Orlando! Also downtown is Lake Eola! This lake is probably the most famous lake in central Florida and hosts a huge farmers market every Sunday from 10am-4pm! Also around Lake Eola is some cool restaurants and shops. Other desired areas downtown include the Milk district, Thornton Park, and College Park which is home to the famous Dubsdread Golf Course! Downtown also has tons of great nightlife options and seems to be a favorite spot for tons of young professionals! Overall downtown Orlando has tons of options and is a great place to both work and live!
6. Lake Nona- Do you like Brand new and Beautiful! Lake Nona is booming with a capital B! This area near the Orlando Airport also being called Medical city is home to the Orlando VA Medical Center, UCF College of Medicine, UF College of Pharmacy and Nemours Children's Hospital! Also this area is home to USTA national Tennis Campus a couple beautiful golf courses and a great downtown area with the famous Boxi Park! There are a few great little communities here in the area all built recently including Laureate Park which is in walking / biking distance to everything downtown Lake Nona! Overall Lake Nona is definitely one of the top areas moving up on our list!
7. Doctor Phillips - Looking for a great place Near International Drive, Disney, Universal, and Sea world? Doctor Phillips is for you! This area is definitely a hot spot located near everything people move to central Florida for! Not only is Doctor Phillips located in a good spot but the main road through town (Sand Lake Road) Has tons of cool restaurants including Eddie V's Prime Seafood, Ruth Chris Steak House, Seasons 52, The Melting Pot, and much more! Are you a golf fan? If so living in Doctor Phillips also is home to Arnold Palmer's famous Bay Hill Golf Club! Overall the home's the location and everything makes Doctor Phillips number seven on our list!
8. Celebration- Looking for the ideal looking Disney themed town? Celebration is for you! Originally developed by the Walt Disney Company this town has the look and feel of a true Disney lovers town. After the founding of Celebration, Disney did however follow its plans to divest most of its control of the town. Still several Disney business units continue to occupy the town's office buildings. The town itself is connected to the Walt Disney World resorts via one of its primary streets, World Drive, which begins near the Magic Kingdom. The houses seem to look allot alike but the HOA there does a great job of keeping the magic alive! There is a great little lake and town center that has tons of events through the year! Overall this town has everything a true Disney lover is looking for making it number eight on our list!
9. Montverde / Clermont- Looking to move out of the city but still want a great place to live? Montverde / Clermont is for you! This area has some beautiful lakes with tons of family places to check out without the true city feel. This area used to be home to many orange groves, but each year this area continues to grow and grow! There are some great golf courses and tons of families seem to be moving to the area! One of the nations top schools Montverde Academy is located here and the top three lakes ( Lake Apopka, Lake Minneola, and Lake Minnehaha) are all definitely worth checking out! Overall with the high quality of life we think Montverde / Clermont comes in at number nine on our list!
10. Davenport- Looking for a Disney Vacation Rental? Davenport is your place! With tons of options including Reunion, The Grove Resort, and Champions Gate this area seems to be a great spot for a vacation rental. It is a transient area however it definitely has some of the area's best golf and hotels including the Omni Orlando Resort! Allot of Disney cast member call this town home so you just might see someone at the gas station dressed in their Disney haunted mansion get up! This area is both affordable and a unique place to live making it number ten on our list!
11. Oviedo / Winter Springs - Ready to live in a beautiful neighborhood near nature trails and UCF ? Oviedo / Winter Springs is the spot! This area has been growing just like the university near by. Allot of the homes here are on nice sized lots and the location near UCF has been a huge draw for a long time! The cross seminole trail has 23 miles of walking, jogging, and biking trails! Just a quick drive on the 408 from downtown orlando and also one of the closest places to live near the east coast beaches (Cocoa Beach / Daytona Beach) without being to far from downtown orlando. All of this makes Oviedo the number 11 spot on our list!
12 Lakeland / Auburndale- Looking for a home near both Orlando and Tampa? Then Lakeland is for you! Located almost directly in-between Orlando and Tampa Lakeland / Auburndale has been a place to get really good value for your dollar! There is a great downtown area with a beautiful lake and its the home of Frank Loyd Wright designed Florida Southern College. Both Lakeland and Auburndale have some beautiful lakes and overall between the location and home price / quality of living Lakeland / Auburndale has everything you need to be number 12 on our list!
13. Mount Dora - Looking for the perfect lakefront town away from the city? Mount Dora is for you! Located in Lake county north of downtown Orlando this has been a secret treasure of central Florida for a long time! The town has a really cool downtown area walkable to the gorgeous Lake Dora! The downtown is full of unique restaurants and shops. The homes here are mostly older but many have been beautifully redone and anything on the lake is priceless! The area is definitely turning from a secret spot to one of central Florida's favorite towns to visit and live! Overall Mont Dora has the Lake, downtown, and lifestyle to make it number thirteen on our list!
14. Hunters Creek - Looking for a town in between Disney and downtown Orlando ? Hunters Creek is for you! Hunters Creek is located in a great spot for allot of people. Its at the corner of the turnpike and the 417 giving you great access to almost anywhere in central Florida quickly. This town is a little more transient but has some beautiful homes and the convenience of travel makes it supper attractive to many people moving to the area. The houses tend to be a good value and the downtown area has many convenient places to eat and shop! Overall the Convenience to the highways and the quality of houses makes Hunters Creek number fourteen on our list!
15. Kissimmee - Looking to be near Disney and feel like your on vacation all year long? Kissimmee is for you! Kissimmee is famous for hobeing located just south of Disney and has allot of vacation home options! Also there is a great lakefront area on lake Tohopekaliga but most people call it lake Toho. On 192 there are some famous dinner shows / shops including the famous Medieval Times Dinner show! This area seems to be another spot that is very transient with people moving in and out often but Overall Kissimmee being so close to the action makes it the number fifteen spot on our list!
If you are looking to move to the area or just want more information on any of these towns feel free to give us a call at (407) 907-0065